Jonathan and I are so excited for the holidays!!! We have started pulling out the Christmas decorations and buying lights for the house. Of course they won't be put up or at least lit until after Thanksgiving. But all the same we are so excited to get everything up!
Jon has been so much fun, my Mom has let him in on a little hint, that I happen to be a bit of a snoop when it comes to Christmas, so he has gifts hidden not only out of the house.. but all over town. That's right he has hidden the gifts at different peoples house, one gift per house and not in a house I go to often. I have to say.. I'm pretty impressed.
Tonight Jonathan wanted to dinner.. that usually mean some kind of take-out. Which is fine, It doesn't bother me. But tonight he came in and said "Chels, you are going to kill me. I'll be back." And he locked the door open and walked back outside. Then he walked back in the door with two full bags of Chinese.
"They messed up the order." was the first thing that came from his mouth as he walked in the door. I could help but laugh as he started unloading the dinner he has slaved over. You know the size of the to go boxes, the big ones. Well... We had four of them.. Four different meats, two full things of rice, 7 or 8 ragoons, 4 egg rolls, a pint of soup, and 9 fortune cookies. He said he knew the "price was a little much." I just laughed and kept laughing for a few minutes. We had our very own Chinese Thanksgiving at our house tonight!! Love that boy!
Good thinking on Jon's part hiding your gifts everywhere! :) Love it! It's really to bad we don't live closer, cause I crave Chinese food (all the time) and would have loved helping you chow down on some of your "thanksgiving" feast! Lol! Glad to hear you guys are doing good!!
ReplyDeleteWe would have loved your help to eat it!! We had Paul and Gwendolyn head over to have some.. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever boy. I had no idea that you were such a present spoiler. James is one of those too. Not such fun when you are trying to mastermind everyone's gifts at the same time.
ReplyDeleteBy the by we have you for Christmas, so I am going to need a few things from you starting with your address, unless you want me to send it to my parents house. Let me know.
I am also really happy to know that you guys probably eat out as much as we do!! Love it. James would choose Chinese food over pretty much everything else.