Jon was so sweet. He had a gift waiting for me Mother's Day morning. It was a willow tree figurine with a woman holding a baby. You may think this would be a sad reminder, but then he said he thought the title was perfect. And it was. "Angel of Mine". Just perfect.

Under the title it reads "So loved, so very loved."

I have a sister that is a doll, she is always sending me little notes or quotes when she finds ones she thinks I might like. She sent me this poem for Mother's day. It really touched me, so I'm going to leave you all with it. Thanks Ariell. Love you.
Am I Not A Mother?
by Gail Fasolo
Am I not a mother
On this Mother's Day?
I had a baby, but she's gone.
Death took her away.
Hopes and dreams have vanished
a happy time turned cold.
My motherhood-where is it now?
Gone? Or put on hold?
Am I not a mother
even though my child died?
Does anyone know my heartbreak
or the anguish felt inside?
Special gifts and flowers
but who'll remember me?
As I stand and shed some tears
at your graveside where I'll be.
Mother's Day-so painful
but I will make it through.
Yes, I am a mother!
but God takes care of you.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment