Jon has been telling me for a few days now that he wants to create his own season salt or rub. So last night I set out a bunch of our spices and small dishes, sat across the bar and told him to go at. I wrote down everything he added into four different dishes. Then he took his favorite two and we made them on a bigger scale. I have to say they are really good!!
He even did a lot of his own grinding with a rolling pin. So now two greats have been born.
Jon's Mix, or as he likes to call it "Earthy Pleasure". And my favorite "Sweet Slap". Yeah that's really what he named it, if you ever try it you would know why.
This was such a fun and cheap date night!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
So does this mean you are cooking us some of your ORIGINAL grub next time we are up? I think YES!!
ReplyDeleteThat's a brilliant date night idea!
ReplyDelete