Things have changed so much in the last year, I have had a lot of time to reflect on the good, the bad, the sad, and the things I thought I would never have to face. I met and married an amazing man. I am so grateful for that. I never understood how people, like my own parents, could meet someone and know that's where their lives would stay in just a few weeks. Until it happened to Jon and I. I am grateful the time was right for both of us, we both know it had to be since we had plenty of opportunities to meet before we did. Out of it I grew up a little, the type of growing you can only do by listening, which was good for me. Most of you will know, I don't listen very well. I'm kind of stubborn, like my Grandmother said, "No one tells Chelsea what to do." But someone did and I listened, and I'm so happy I did.
Another growing moment in the passed year was watching my own dad fight for his life. I never thought I would have to watch that. I watched the strength of my Mom, even though she didn't believe she was being very strong. She has managed to keep the household going. My Dad is so strong to fight through what people said he shouldn't have lived through. My Mom is strong enough to fight through it with him. I am so grateful for my family. For the strength we share together, even if most of our strength is pure stubbornness to get through. Sometimes its good to be stubborn, when you're fighting for your family. I learned that after trying to be less stubborn.. Because we all know I am. But there is a time and place for it.
I was also welcomed into a new family. With the time frame mentioned earlier, we didn't really know one another very well since Jon and I were even still getting to know each other. I have always kept walls up that people had to, in a way break through before letting them in. With this new family I learned I can instantly love almost strangers. It helps that they all make it so easy; but even then for me, and again my stubborn nature, it never was. I am grateful for them, I am grateful for Jonathan, and I'm grateful for my family that even though we have known each other for years. We learned about a new side of each other this year. Okay off my soap box.. and hopefully off to bed, cross your fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment