Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Long Weekends Just Don't Last...

Since I have waited an ENTIRE week to update this, I think it will be easiest to do it day bay day... Don't you think?

Friday..
I'll be totally honest, I don't remember much about Friday. But I do know we just bummed around with a few friends and watched a movie. But what did before ending up there is a mystery. Does anyone else ever do that? I know it was non-stop. But I can't for the life of me remember what I did!

Saturday..
Jon and I went with some friends (Derek, Chris, Sam, Celeste, Matt, and of course Jon and I) to the taping of MTV's Bully Beatdown.. It's a show where people (nerds to be completely honest, HEY! Not from my mouth..) send in a tape of themselves telling why their "bully" should get what he deserves. Then the bully (of his own free will) is put in a cage up again an MMA fighter... Let's face it, the guy doesn't have a chance. But if he does make it, he is given 10,000 dollars!!! I would totally take a beating for that amount! Maybe... But if he doesn't win, the "nerds" get the money.
It was pretty fun to see how the taping all works out for that show. The brought all the audience in first and taped all the reactions before anything was even going on. Then we watch the takes of the host telling the viewers what would be happening. Sometime 4 or 5 takes. MTV wouldn't let anyone have any phones or camera's inside or I would have a few pics to show you all! I have to admit I felt a little naked without my phone for a whole day.
They flew everyone here to Utah and shot the whole season this last week. I didn't know they did it like that. (Insert what would have been a comment from Jon after that sentence here... "That's what she said.." I am thinking way to much like him these days) Then we went up the canyon and had a campfire. Just great.. I love Summer, spring.. the beginnings of summer! I LOVE IT!!

Sunday..
Jon and I just took it easy.. He work the grave shift so we spent the day relaxing. Then when over to his parents house to play a couple games. Simple... Relaxing... Fun.. Just the way I like it.

Monday.. (Memorial Day)
Jon and I woke up, got ready and headed to my Grandma's house to have a "light lunch" Then headed to his parents house for Dutch oven in the afternoon. Sam and Derek joined us and it splendid.. (insert cheesy smile here)

And that was Memorial weekend.. Enjoyable.
Last night Jon and I went to park (which was spotted with water from all the rain)with Derek, Sam and Chris and cut open about 50 glow sticks, dripped them all over some old grubby clothes and played hide and go seek in the dark. Pretty much all around a good time! Lots of laughing, tripping and running from unknown things Sam and I heard in the bushes! I hope you all had a great week as well!

P.S. They put the gutter in on our street!!! YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm...dutch oven...yummy!

    And yay for progress for the house!!!!

    ReplyDelete