Friday, June 24, 2011

Anniversary Meets Low Key= AWESOME!

Jon and I were trying to figure out how to fit something "fun" in our busy schedules for our anniversary this year. Then after worrying about it we realized we were making it more stressful then it had to be. We decided to just spend it together and get our crap done. For lack of better words. So I got up, went to my extra long.. half day of work. Then went to run a couple "quick" errands.
First I went to get a state inspection done on my car. Super fun! My 30 min, 17 dollar trip quickly turned into a 3 hour, 330 dollar trip after he came out to tell me my front breaks and tires were gone. Beautiful.
Three hours later I ran my rings in for some repairs, then grabbed some grub at Costa Vida for Jon and I. (Yeah we really splurged huh... we did on the car)
When I got home we sat down ate our late lunch and talked. Then got all gussied up in our grubbiest clothes and went out to work on the fence. Yep. After a couple posts and a few hours, we called it quits and I went in to make a now late dinner. While I made dinner Jon ran and got us "Anniversary Slurpees". (another Splurge alert) Then we ate dinner, had slurpees, and talked to our hearts content.
Not really what we thought we would be doing for our Anniversary, or how we thought we thought we would spend our Anniversary money. But I'll be honest, with how much running around we both have been doing I really enjoyed how low key it was. Aside from both of us being a little ornery while working on the fence. (we always get ornery while working on the fence, there's just something about it)
I loved just hanging out with him. Not going somewhere pretending to do all that gooey crap, it was just real. How we are, and how our life together is. Crazy and unpredictable. Being able to enjoy a small cherry slurpee after working in the hot sun. It was simple, and happy.

Now... I need to go start planning next years BIG anniversary. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Our 5 year anniversary was like that....we spent all weekend together (without the kids) and just ran errands and talked. It actually very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our anniversary last year was like that. We spent all this time trying to figutr out what to do, between Park City and Salt Lake, and then we realized how much of a big deal we were making it. We spent the bulk of our money paying of a lot of credit and then just spent the day out together getting Arby's for dinner and seeing a movie at the Dollar Theater. (There was no way we were spending the whole of our day at the in-laws...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our anniversary was a nightmare our first, so our second was low key, and I was alright with it! As long as your together that's ok! Congrats you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your anniversary! I love what you guys did for it! So cute:)All that matters is time spent between the two...Love it:)

    ReplyDelete