Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6 Months

Many of you that have stayed caught up with our blog know I have been absent for a few months. You also know if you have been reading for a while, that last year Jon and I lost a pregnancy. Coming out of that was a long haul, monthly (sometimes weekly) blood test were not the highlight of last summer for me.
After talking with my doctor, he said with everything that had happened; once we decided we were ready for a baby again, he wouldn't make us wait the usual 12 months before stepping in and helping medically. He would only have us go 6 months!! We were excited to hear this since 6 months didn't seem long at all after everything we had been through.
One evening Jon was teasing me, normal at our house, he asked if it was "that time of the month". I laughed at him, then started thinking. I realized I wasn't even sure where I was in the month. After looking at a calendar I got up and went to the other room.
After waiting three very short minutes, I walked back in to the living room. No smiles... No frowns... Just shock. I handed the unbelievable proof to Jon and sat on the other side of the couch. He looked at it for a minute, and calmly asked if I was serious then set the test down between us. He turned and continued watching the show. Every couple of minutes we would look at each other, then the test. There was no denying the digital "pregnant" that stared back at us.
We are so grateful, we know although our plans don't always pan out, the lords plans for us will. He knows what we can handle. He knows what will make us stronger. We are so excited, our 6 month wait turned into a very short 6 weeks.
I am now just over 14 weeks, and my 6 months is just 5 1/2 away.
We can't wait for our Christmas miracle.



Eeeek!!!

8 comments:

  1. WoW!! Reading this gave me goosebumps!! CONGRATULATIONS :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! That is so awesome, Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, to the both of you Brooks and I are so excited for you both!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great Chelsea! I'm happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYY!I am hoping for December 21 so I can share a birthday with my "nephew"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are SO happy for you two! You've been in our thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo excited for you guys! I've been thinking about you a lot and I'm glad things worked out for you this time. :) Can't wait to see his cute face in a few months!

    ReplyDelete