Saturday, April 24, 2010
New Trends for Hair...
Jonathan has been needing/wanting a haircut. But with his busy schedule he hasn't been able to get in to get it done. He asked me if I have ever cut hair, I told him with confidence that I had. It's never been hard for me to hurry and chop someones hair when the are so completely desperate to have an untrained hand do it. And not to toot my own horn, but in the past I have been pretty good at it. So today Jon grabbed the shears from his Mom's house and brought them home for me to do it. I wasn't anxious at all, I just started chopping away into the style he wanted. It was looking pretty good for the beginning stages.. I got the back and sides all trimmed up and grabbed to shears to try and tame the top before I shaped it. Well... how do I say this.... I thought I grabbed one guard.. and I grabbed the other short guard.. :/ went right to the center of his forehead and... There is was. A nice diamond of short hair.. he got really nervous when he saw my eyes get huge!! But when I started back into the cut he calmed down a bit.. I could tell he was trying to look into the window to see what had happened and how short it was. But he didn't have his contacts in so it was useless. He couldn't see the damage! I finished and cut it into his normal cut and let him go shower wear he able to get close to a mirror, which is when I heard him scream.. "YOU SCALPED ME!!!" I felt so bad but I couldn't stop laughing! He was nice enough to say "Thanks for trying, You did a great job." I knew he was just trying to figure out how to say "You idiot!! Short shear long shear!" So I went back to it, blended it, it's a little shorter than he would normally like. But thankfully my non schooled skills are okay enough to hide it enough so he didn't have to buzz it off. I refused to let him buzz his head. Two weeks or so it will fill in enough, then he wont need another cut for a month. It will all work. I hope.... On the bright side he liked the rest enough to say that I could do it again when his bald spot grows in.. ha ha ha.... I shouldn't laugh but I can't stop. I would have posted a picture, but Jon said that this is something that can be laughed at but it doesn't need a picture to remember it. So he wouldn't let me take one...:( Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH, COME ON JON, LET CHELS POST A PICTURE!! I WANNA SEE.. :]
ReplyDeleteNo wonder he wouldn't take his hat off. Everyone has to learn on someone, and it might as well be the one you love.
ReplyDeleteoh i love how you let him go shower and find out for him self! haha!! you could always send him to valerie if you wanted!!
ReplyDeleteWell tahts just the thing, I have done this TONS of times. Just wasn't paying attention to which guard was on I guess. Still funny though!
ReplyDeleteThis same thing happened to James and I when we were first married...I will not cut his hair now, ever!! If he wants it cut he will have to go somewhere because then they will take the fall when he doesn't like something about it, and not me.
ReplyDeleteI am no hair cutting master, I can do Harrison's hair, but when James starts making demands on length and evenness on the sides, I am out! Way to go Chels I am proud of you for stepping up and taking one for the team. Don't worry I am sure that Jonathan will come back to you the next time he needs it cut again.
Your so funny:) Just keep practicing (that is, if he'll let you!)
ReplyDelete