Two nights ago, I was making Jon and I dinner. I decided the day before that I really wanted mashed potatoes; so I made it happen. When it came time to drain off the water, Jon went to grab the strainer, I told him not to worry about it. I had drained water against the sink MANY MANY times before, and decided it would be easier to just do that again. (you all know where this is going... don't you) I picked the huge pot of boiling water off the stove walked to the sink.. Two bumps later and the pot of boiling water was all. Over. My stomach. SON OF A... CUSS WORDS.... MORE CUSS WORDS... And a few I'm sure I made up in the moment. No amount of jumping back could get my huge stomach far enough away from the waterfall of boiling pain...
This was my face.....
Then this was my face..
I then ran to the bedroom and stripped faster than a Honeymooner. I looked in the mirror.. Saw the huge red ball where my stomach had once been... And quietly Started to do this.
Yep.. Like a baby! That is until I heard Jon coming in (he cleaned up my spill like a champ) I wiped them away. Because of course I wouldn't cry at that. Who cries at a boiling pot of water being spilled on them? Really?!
Two days later, my engorged swollen red stomach has gone down. I am only left with a burn about 3 inches long and an inch wide.. I'll take it!! Only a few blisters.. I'll take those too!! Anything is better than what it started as.
They funny thing is, Jon saw my Doctor that night at work... When he said; "Hey, Chelsea burned herself..." The first thing my Doctor said was; "She got to close to the stove cooking, huh?" Not quite.. But I'm glad I'm not the only one.. :) I go see him tomorrow... Great.



I feel so bad that this happened! Burns are the worst! Hope you heal quickly.... P.S. I am awful person. I am sorry I totally laughed at the pictures!
ReplyDelete