Sunday, October 21, 2012

Learning from my childhood

When I was young(er), I loved holidays with the family. There are a few memories that happened every year, those memories are for the most part what I think of when I think back. Thanksgiving, the setting of the table as we walked into my Grandma's house. Christmas, the overwhelming pile of gifts for family that literally took over (and still does) the front sitting room. Opening gifts in that madness has become an art. I think we all have it down pretty fantastically. A memory from both, the copious amounts of food. My cousin and I used to joke that if we ate till we were full. We could lay on our backs for a few minutes and go back for more. We always ate to much, but we were always happy to do so.
Now that my insides have... Moved slightly. I eat smaller meals, unless I want to end up Holiday hangover sick. This morning when I woke up, I was starving!! Maybe because I didn't eat last night when I normally do, maybe because I slept in when I don't normally. Either way, food was needed!! STAT! So I went out to make French toast, sounded delicious. But it was taking to long.. So I had a piece of toast while it was cooking. Then, I had egg leftover. We can't waste! So while I threw the egg in the pan, I hurried and ate my French toast waiting for me on the plate. Now I had egg cooking.. You NEED a piece of toast to go with egg. Right?! Well needless to say, my brain forgot I don't... Scratch that.. I CAN'T eat big meals anymore. They make me incredibly sick. Not only sick.. But if I get one kick in the wrong place, lets just say it won't be pretty. I couldn't, with any amount of will finish the egg and toast. (Thank goodness)
How does this all tie in to Holidays? All I could think to do was layback, and give my stomach as much room as possible. Thank goodness for my holiday gullet antics as a child. Lesson learned.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment